Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Christmas Time

I love Christmas, I really do...I'd love it better though if my family was coming down this year. (Guilt trip!)

Anyway, I love getting into the holiday season. Tonight we are going to our church Christmas party. I'm really excited about that, we couldn't make it last year but we'll be there tonight!

Tomorrow we are putting up our tree. This is my all time favorite part of decorating. We've got this adorable slender 6-foot tree that I just love. It fits perfectly in our small/awkward living room and it will be a great second tree when we have more space to get a larger tree, I've always wanted a big fancy tree in the living room and a fun kids tree in the family room. The last two years we decorated the tree with dark plum and pale green ornaments. This year we are doing blue, silver and white with a snowflake theme. I found old glass balls at DI and we got some inexpensive silver ones from the store. I also bought this really cute garland of silvery snowflakes from the dollar store that I am going to take apart to make them into individual ornaments. I'm excited to see how it will turn out.

Last night we went grocery shopping and bought ingredients for all these great Christmas treat recipes I found online. We'll be making treats tomorrow and maybe for a few days after (because we have so many). I'll be posting recipes and photos later.

Speaking of posting recipes...I decided to go ahead with the second blog with recipes and crafts, reviews and other ideas. I'm excited about it, so keep checking in for a link to that blog later.

Now, what do you all do to get into the Christmas spirit? What do you like most about decorating? The least?

For me, the worst part about decorating for Christmas is putting up outdoor lights. I've never done it and I doubt I ever will. My dad was always the one doing that part and now Nathanael does it. It's just not fun, and I hate ladders so it's scary too.

No comments: