Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thrift Treasures

I had some time to kill the other day and I made the mistake of going to DI. I say mistake because I always end up with stuff when I go to DI. It's always great stuff but really, I should finish my other projects before I ever set foot in that place again. The good news is this time none of the stuff needs a makeover.

Sorry for the state of these photos, I hadn't cleaned anything yet and I was in a bit of a hurry when I took them. But look at all my treasures! I was looking for little loaf pans like those on the right. I want to make little loaves of bread and little jars of jam as gifts (I already have the jars). The five pans were 75 cents for the whole lot, what a deal!

These were the fist two things I picked up. I saw them from another aisle and nearly jumped over an old lady to grab them. Why? They're antique pewter. The other really dark piece in the first photo is also antique pewter. Each only 50 cents.

All of these little glass bottles were sitting next to each other so I scooped them all. The tallest one will go with my bottles on the window sill, I think it will turn purple in the sun like the rest of them. The other will go around the house, I think the big square one will go on my kitchen shelf and the little tiny perfume bottle will go in the bathroom. That little perfume bottle almost didn't make it home, I was tryign to hold everything (because I didn't think I would need a basket) and I dropped it and it bounced, I'm serious. The glass is so thick that it didn't even chip. I was so relieved.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those glass bottles are darling! A little rose bud in each one or pepper berries or a sprig of green....maybe tie a little ribbon around the neck or a little bobble or charm....or just just as they are! Darling. Love them.