Monday, October 12, 2009

Making Pumpkins

I wanted to make some cute decor things for Fall but I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I went down to the Dollar Tree (yay) and found these pumpkins and gourds.

Two bigger one and two bags of little ones...$4 total. But they were a little ugly...ok, they were a lot ugly. Well, a little paint and a little sandpaper fixes everything, literally.

Here are my super cute pumpkins after their makeover...

I put them in this wooden bowl I had painted a while ago (50 cents from DI) but they looked a little lonely and sad, so I ripped up stips of packing paper that Stampin Up uses when shipping stuff, crumpled it up a little, and put it under the pumpkins. Then I did a little top-of-the-TV re-decorating and...tadah!

I was worried at first about the teal and the orange together, but as soon as I put the pumpkins in the bowl I loved the color combination. The birds my mom gave me and the skulls were also a Dollar Tree find.
All I need now is something for the smaller glass jar. Any ideas? I love Fall, and I love Halloween, so I love decorating for this time of the year.

2 comments:

Heather said...

SInce you asked, well...not me precisely, but me generally...I say there ain't nothin' wrong with throwing around some M&M's. I say it all the time: The world would be a heck of a lot better if there were more M&M's hanging around!

Or you could go to Target and get their little bags of gooey eyeballs. They sell them on the ends caps of the Halloween department. You know, in those black plastic mesh bags. Aong with the pencils and whatnot.

But let me tell you, if you use M&M's, I wouldn't be mad about it.

Just sayin'.

Christine said...

Hi Ashlee! Thanks for your comments on my blog- and the way you painted your pumpkins and gourds is great! I didn't remember seeing the larger ones- now I'll HAVE to go back! lol

~Christine~